Furthering our commitment to celebrating women’s entrepreneurship, K&L Gates is delighted to feature several local leading female creative business owners focused on fashion and jewelry design who will exhibit their work and be available for discussions regarding their portfolio, as well as their businesses’ challenges and successes. The event will also include a live painting exhibition by D.C.-based artist Maggie O'Neill, co-founder of SwatchRoom. Guests are invited to purchase a raffle ticket at the event to be entered into a live raffle of Ms. O'Neill's painting, with all raffle proceeds going to Dress for Success DC.
Featured DC area-based fashion entrepreneurs will include:
(Please check back as other talented designers and entrepreneurs will be added to this list.)
- Sarah Bayot, founder of Kicheko Goods, a social conscious small-batch jewelry brand of distinctive pieces that invest in education. (For further information on this entrepreneur, please click here.)
- Sophie Blake, founder of Sophie Blake New York, a contemporary accessories line inspired by architecture, geometry and art.
- Julia Farr, is the Founder and Owner of Julia Farr, LLC, a women’s clothing boutique and wardrobe consulting business in Friendship Heights, DC. She also serves as President and Creative Director of the Julia Farr Collection, a women's apparel design and manufacturing business.
- Kimberly McKinley, Creative Director & CEO of Kiki Lynn, an American lifestyle clothing brand focusing on versatility and crafted to complement a woman’s timeless and effortless style. (For further information on this entrepreneur, please click here.)
- Yetunde Sarumi is a U.S. based womenswear brand focusing on a love for African inspired clothing.
- Erika Schrieber, founder of Erika Schrieber, an American clothing brand with a vision of creating bold wardrobe staples with an elevated aesthetic that are handcrafted in the United States.
- Nisha Thirumurthy, co-founder of Kalaa, a clothing brand that designs and develops luxurious and beautifully tailored clothes for the modern woman.
- Elise Whang, CEO and co-founder of SNOBSWAP, the leading online platform to shop authentic, pre-owned luxury curated from the best consignment boutiques in the nation.